Maiden Point Farm
St Michaels, Maryland
Enjoying 90 acres and 8,000 feet of waterfront on the Miles
River, Spence Creek, and Little Neck Creek, Maiden Point is a
well-constructed Eastern Shore Colonial farmhouse. Built in
1866, it has wide, sweeping views of the water and is minutes
from the town of St Michaels.
Like many houses in Talbot County, Maiden Point has been
remodeled and enlarged. Today, the house consists of a two
and one-half story, three-bay frame main section; a two-story,
one-bay hyphen; and a lower two-story, three-bay addition
with an enclosed porch, all of which extend eastward from the
To the west lies a two-story, three-bay 20-Century wing with a
two-story enclosed porch. Maiden Point also offers covered
porches along the Miles River and in front of each entrance.
To the east of the house, overlooking Little Neck Creek and
the Miles River, are two early-19th-Century cottages and a
stable. One cottage has a vernacular structure, is covered with
brown shingles, and is composed of three parts. The other,
which was completely renovated in 1999, is clapboard covered
and includes four bedrooms. The stable, constructed in 1999,
consists of six stalls and is adjacent to a pasture.
Price upon request.